About Aggregate Industries UK
We are at the heart of construction, focused on building progress and transforming the industry to deliver a more sustainable future for all. Committed to playing a significant role in enabling the UK to transition to net zero, we are driving decarbonisation across the construction materials sector.
We are recognised as one of the safest, most customer-centric companies in this space and we are looking for you to be part of our movement to grow, innovate and develop together to create continuous value. Because we believe that only by working together in an inclusive environment, where everyone can grow and thrive, we can build the world we all want to live in.
Join today and build progress with us.
We have a new vacancy for a RMX Site Assistant (Ref: 12547) to join our team at our Barrow Concrete Plant.
As RMX site assistant you will be responsible for running the day to day operations of the Concrete Plant. Ensuring Health and Safety legislation, Environmental and Quality requirements are complied with as well as batching concrete to the correct specification to supply the Pre-cast factory.
As a Site Assistant you will effectively control all Aggregate Industries' operations on site in the safest and most efficient way possible to best contribute towards the profitability of the company. You will also ensure that the site, plant, loader and associated buildings are kept well maintained, in a clean, tidy and safe condition at all times and report any action or occurrence which may jeopardise the operation in respect of health & safety, the environment, product quality (HSEQ) or customer service.
What’s on offer?
- Competitive Salary, plus bonus, 25 days holiday (with options to increase) and other benefits - all recognizing the contribution you bring.
- Be valued and supported, working as part of a highly respected team in a business that has a huge focus on Health & Safety.
- Opportunities for career progression both at home and abroad (via our parent company Holcim).
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business.
What will you bring?
- Strong working knowledge of H&S principles (SHE Qualification or comparable desirable).
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relations with others.
- You must have batching concrete experience.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role, preferably in a supervisory capacity.
- You will be reliable, willing, flexible and able to react and adapt to each days requirements.
- You will be an efficient communicator and closely liaise with the on site Plant Manager.
- Highly organised with demonstrable planning and delivery capabilities.
- Experience of basic maintenance practices.
- Willingness and ability to drive a loading shovel as required (Training provided)
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Find out how we are building progress on our Careers Website - https://www.aggregate.com/careers