About Aggregate Industries UK
We are at the heart of construction, focused on building progress and transforming the industry to deliver a more sustainable future for all. Committed to playing a significant role in enabling the UK to transition to net zero, we are driving decarbonisation across the construction materials sector.
We are recognised as one of the safest, most customer-centric companies in this space and we are looking for you to be part of our movement to grow, innovate and develop together to create continuous value. Because we believe that only by working together in an inclusive environment, where everyone can grow and thrive, we can build the world we all want to live in.
Join today and build progress with us.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Plant Supervisor to join our team at our Darlington readymix concrete plant. This role is fast-paced, dynamic and extremely varied role. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is passionate about their work and is looking for employment with a company who, in return for their commitment and hard-work, genuinely cares about their safety, health, wellbeing, job satisfaction and career development.
As the Plant Supervisor you will supervise and operate a busy ready-mix concrete batch plant in Darlington ensuring both the fixed and mobile plant is operated safely and efficiently.
- Contribute to the delivery of an efficient and professional service focussed on continual improvement, processes and customer services.
- Keep on top of site housekeeping and ensure all areas of the plant and yard are kept clean and tidy.
- Proactive towards carrying out autonomous maintenance on fixed and mobile plant.
Who you are
- Experience working within the construction materials industry is highly desirable
- Excellent health and Safety knowledge
- Good all-round communicator and must be customer focused
- Experience in operating mobile plant, ideally a Front-end loading shovel
- Competitive salary, plus bonus, 25 days holiday (with options to increase) and other benefits - all recognising the contribution you bring.
- Opportunities for Hybrid working, sometimes working from home, our offices and where you are most effective.
- Be valued and supported, working as part of a highly respected Express Asphalt team in a business that has a huge focus on Health & Safety and employee engagement.
- Opportunities for career progression both at home and abroad (via our parent company Holcim).
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.