About Aggregate Industries UK
We are at the heart of construction, committed to building progress and transforming the industry to deliver a more sustainable future for all. We are recognised as one of the safest, most customer-focused companies in this space and we are looking for you to be part of our movement to grow, innovate and develop together to create continuous value. Join today and build progress with us.
We have a new vacancy for a Plant Operative to join our team at our Heathrow Asphalt Plant, Slough.
As a Plant Operative you will perform a wide range of duties at the Heathrow asphalt plant site to ensure that this key strategic location maintains its high profile of both a safe working and productive environment. The role is multi disciplined, and you will be required to learn all aspects of the site from weighbridge duties, through to the safe operation of mobile plant and asphalt production.
What’s on offer?
- Competitive Salary, plus bonus, 25 days holiday (with options to increase) and other benefits - all recognizing the contribution you bring.
- Be valued and supported, working as part of a highly respected team in a business that has a huge focus on Health & Safety.
- Opportunities for career progression both at home and abroad (via our parent company Holcim).
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business.
What will you bring?
- You will have a sound appreciation of Health & Safety, housekeeping and environmental regulations
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Background in a quarry or asphalt environment is desirable
- Flexibility with work hours and willing to work weekend and evening shifts
- The desire for training and willingness to learn.
- Previous experience operating and maintenance of a fixed plant preferred but training will be given.
- Previous experience operating a loading shovel preferred but training will be given.
- Previous experience in the operation of a Weighbridge preferred but training will be given.
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Find out how we are building progress on our Careers Website - https://www.aggregate.com/careers