Operations Manager - Higher Apprenticeship
Starting salary: £20,000
Location: Cauldon Works, Yelsway Lane, Waterhouses, Staffordshire ST10 3EQ
Duration: 4 years
Did you know? Aggregate Industries is one of the leading building materials suppliers in the UK! Our mission is to become the UK leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions, and you can help us get there.
During the Apprenticeship you'll complete a Foundation Degree in Mineral Products Technology at the University of Derby, but the learning doesn’t stop there. Throughout the apprenticeship you're given the opportunity to attend various development interventions organised by the Company’s Learning and Development Team.
As well as earning from day one, as part of this apprenticeship, you’ll gain the full university experience. Attending University, and meeting with fellow students, approximately every 6 weeks. Travel, accommodation and a meal allowance will be included.
What will I do?
Whilst on site you'll be given a tailored training plan to work through, supported by both your allocated Mentor and your Manager. On a day to day basis you'll be given greater exposure to your division and the roles of your team members. Our overarching Company value is Health and Safety (H&S) and to assist you in understanding this value, we require our apprentices to complete a number of H&S related courses.
Typical placements could include:
- Plan, process and produce materials and mineral products
- Optimise the effectiveness of the team by actively participating in daily/weekly briefings, appraisals and reviews
- Work with all members of the management team to continually raise the Health, Safety and Environmental standards of the company
- Maximise productivity of mineral extraction and products process by making cost effective use of resources, products and equipment
- Identify ways to improve processes by monitoring production process and end product
What you’ll need
Our minimum entry requirements are:
5 GCSEs Grade A*- D or 3-9, including Mathematics, English Language and Science
2 A levels equating to 80 UCAS points or higher.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK. Aggregate Industries does not offer visa sponsorship for apprenticeship roles.
What you’ll get
- A competitive starting salary, with annual pay rises
- Competitive pension and 33 days’ holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Career development and support from day one
- Opportunities to collaborate with a wide and varied number of functions across the business and ability to learn new skills
- A dynamic working environment offering attractive working conditions
- We're a leader in innovative and sustainable construction solutions, ideal for anyone with an interest in protecting our environment
As part of the application process we will ask you to complete a short online assessment. Please keep an eye out in your inbox/junk mail for this! (This should arrive within 48 hours of application).
If you are successful at the application stage the assessment centre will take place at a local site.