We have a new vacancy for a Plant Operative to join our team at our Asphalt Plant in Luton.
As a Plant Operative you will control the fixed and mobile plant to produce asphalt while maintaining the highest standards of health and safety, quality, efficiency & environmental awareness reporting to the site management.
You will be responsible for the weighbridge duties and mixing on the Asphalt plant ensuring compliance to the company quality plan. You will also take care of the basic maintenance and housekeeping duties
What’s on offer?
- Competitive Salary, plus bonus, 25 days holiday (with options to increase) and other benefits - all recognizing the contribution you bring.
- Be valued and supported, working as part of a highly respected team in a business that has a huge focus on Health & Safety.
- Opportunities for career progression both at home and abroad (via our parent company Holcim).
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business.
What will you bring?
- You will have a sound appreciation of Health & Safety, housekeeping and environmental regulations
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
- Background in a quarry or asphalt environment is desirable.
- Flexibility with work hours and willing to work weekend and evening shifts.
- The desire for training and willingness to learn.
- Previous experience operating fixed plant.
- Experience in the operation of Loading shovel inclusive of fork attachments.
Why join Aggregate Industries?
While you help us become a leader in innovative and sustainable construction solutions, we promise to help you grow in a dynamic working environment that offers attractive working conditions and encourages personal and professional development.
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Find out how we are building progress on our Careers Website - https://www.aggregate.com/careers