Aggregate Industries we have a new vacancy for a Laboratory Process Operator to join our Quality team at Cauldon.
As the Lab PO you'll work a 37 hour week covering the hours of 06:00 and 18:00 Monday-Friday and 1 weekend out of 4. Exact hours to be agreed. Day to day the main aspect of this role is collecting and analysing cement samples to a high degree of accuracy and reproducibility.
Analysis includes both chemical and physical characteristics. Other materials tested may include raw materials, such as limestone & shale, or fuels, such as coal. Regular maintenance and calibration of equipment is required and general housekeeping and safety tasks are to be expected. This role will require you to work closely with technical, commercial, logistics and production functions.
What’s on offer?
- Competitive Salary, plus bonus, 25 days holiday (with options to increase) and other benefits - all recognizing the contribution you bring.
- Be valued and supported, working as part of a highly respected team in a business that has a huge focus on Health & Safety.
- Opportunities for career progression both at home and abroad (via our parent company Holcim).
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business.
What will you bring?
- Experience working in a laboratory or quality control environment.
- Understanding of IT Systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Organised and able to prioritise workload.
- Attention to detail.
- Good standard of written and numerical literacy.
- Self motivator who works effectively under pressure.
- Knowledge of cement manufacturing processes and / testing techniques would be advantageous but not essential
We welcome applications from people fleeing the situation in Ukraine.
Why join Aggregate Industries?
While you help us become a leader in innovative and sustainable construction solutions, we promise to help you grow in a dynamic working environment that offers attractive working conditions and encourages personal and professional development.
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Find out how we are building progress on our Careers Website - https://www.aggregate.com/careers